Pages

Friday 4 May 2018

Session 6: Feedback from DFI


The above is a feedback from my colleagues at the DFI course today. This feedback tells me that my viewers find my site limited in its multimodal features and disengaging to my students and their whanau. I have set out a couple of goals to remedy this situation this term. They are:

  • Multi-modal
  • make it more engaging to my learners and whanau by including more colour, videos, images, screencastify and slide presentation.
Right now I need to fix the following problems:
  • organise the site’s navigation and buttons 
  • school name 
  • have one link to the site and keep that link for the whole year. 
Reflection:

What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
I need to make my site more visible and user-friendly to my learners. At the moment it looks disorganised and unprofessional.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
I learnt a few more skills in using the new google site and feel that I can make some of the changes to improve the ease in which my learners can navigate the site

What did I learn that could be used with my learners?
I've noticed that my learners hardly use their class site to access the resources, documents and any other tasks I have shared with them. Instead they either go straight to their gmail or drive search. This is not good. So I need to reorganise the site and make it more easily accessible and navigable.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
I know that if I don't organise my day well, things can fall apart, such as, being late for a party because the
cake wasn't ready to be taken out of the oven, because I started late, because I hadn't organised my day better, because it all starts with me. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Teresa, thank you for your honest reflection and goal setting during today's session. It was great to see so much support on offer from your colleagues. I know you have the willingness and skill to take the next steps you have decided on.
    Good for you
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete