Pages

Friday 6 April 2018

Session 5: Google Keep.

Google Keep is a great tool! It's better than using the printer and using the scanner's OCR function. Instead with Keep you can create the same function using your own camera and taking a photo, click on the photo, click again to take you to the 3 dots on top right hand corner, grab image text and viola! Done. It's recognised and converted a photographed text to normal character text - ready for editing.

Professionally it has made my task easier as I do a lot of OCR through my printer at home, especially old textbooks. I'm just wondering whether this function can recognise students' handwriting and translate the character image into normal character codes? I'm going to try this as soon as I get back to school.

2 comments:

  1. Teresa, you are so right about googlekeep! It's like we are now in on a kept secret of how teachers work can be made a little lighter. Plus for myself I won't have to use scrappy bits of paper for my own lists from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Google Keep awesome! I too will be making less trips to the scanner from now one!

    ReplyDelete