Pages

Friday 11 May 2018

Session 7: Google Calendar

Today, we learnt how to use google calendar, this has now been bookmarked.

I discovered that I have a calendar linked to my school account, and that I can share my events and activities with my colleagues, as well as see other colleagues' shared calendar. Through this I can see their schedule by day, week or month.

I created my own event and timetabled my hangout with Dorothy next week in my calendar. I can see on my calendar that she has accepted my invitation ('Yes', in blue on the bottom right).


Reflection
What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani Kaupapa and pedagogy?
It's a great way to record your meetings, events and activities. My colleagues and I can see what is happening in our professional life, and they can see where each of us is in school.. There have been times when I needed to see my colleagues after school but only to find out that they are in another meeting which I didn't know about or there has been a clash or someone was double booked.  How frustrating!
 
What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
Just creating my own event and timetabling it in the calendar has helped me understand better the purpose of the calendar.

What did I learn that could be used with my learners?
The calendar would be a useful tool in timetabling my one-to-one-conferencing with each student every day after lunch. Students can see when they will see me.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
I can see the usefulness of this calendar such as sharing it with my family so that everyone knows where and what I'm doing on the weekend especially and we can organise our family get-togethers through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment