Pages

Thursday 29 March 2018

Session 4: IPads and Chromebooks

I was absent from this session. I was especially looking forward to this week's session to present my Pepeha as I had been working hard to perfect my Te Reo pronunciation, and I wanted feedback from Ngaire on this. Never mind.

Despite my absence, I was able to catch up on my missed learning by going on my colleagues' blogsite. Through this I know the course covered the following content: learn, create and share with the emphasis on sharing, pepeha presentation and using screecastify, ipads and Chromebooks.

Reflection
What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani Kaupapa and pedagogy?
I found being able to refer to my colleagues blog posts - as a result of Manaiakalani's pedagogy of Learn, Create and Share - was very helpful in growing my understanding and covering anything I had missed. The posts also gave me comfort because I learned I was not the only one feeling anxious about presenting their Pepeha in Te Reo. I also learned the iPad's Explain Everything app existed and can be used by the Juniors to learn about Maths and Reading,  and that screencastify is great as a rewindable learning tool that my colleagues will use more often. The importance of Sharing allows learners to continue learning during illness and it helps learners to create their own thinking about what others have written and to learn new things.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
Having access to my colleagues blog posts helped reduce my stress and anxiety levels when I was sick. That means I can feel more confident that my students, and even I, can continue with our learning journey through shared blogposts and  screencastify.

What did I learn that could be used with my learners?
My learners can create their own screencastify about their learning, and they can go back to it at a later date to review or practise for an upcoming test, or simply remind them of what they forgot.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
Sharing (helpfulness, emotional support, communication flows etc) can be applied to my own personal situation. It's important to maintain good family relationships by connecting and sharing ourselves with not only my immediate family but also with relatives whom I haven't seen for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment