Pages

Thursday 22 March 2018

Session 3: Toku Pepeha

This week's task was to create a google slide as well as using screencastify on my Toku Pepeha (Family Tree).

I'm a little anxious about this task because it requires me to talk about myself in Maori. I'm hoping that I can do the Maori language justice by being as accurate as possible in my pronunciation.

I think it's a great task, one that my students would love to do - in Maori, Samoan, Tongan, English, or their own language.

Each year I begin with a piece of writing about "Who Am I?" In the past, the students complete this task using a tree which they use as an organiser to plan their writing about themselves, then transfer their brainstorm ideas onto a document.

I'm going to use this alternative where not only will the students engage in passive writing, but they will also use their voices to express themselves. Moreover, it requires them to speak clearly, an important feature in Oral Language, and it is my school's professional learning focus.



No comments:

Post a Comment