Pages

Thursday 8 March 2018

Session 1: Google Save and Explore: Digital Fluency Intensive


  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
As a teacher, knowledge in using Doc is important. Some of the issues have been addressed in today's DFI workshop. More digital knowledge makes me a better digital teacher as it creates more teaching time for my students. I won't be wasting time searching in google HELP/youtube or asking my students how to perform a particular function on the Doc. I am doing my children a disservice when I lack this knowledge and it does not reflect well on me as a professional. I'm pleased to have been chosen to do this course.

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
I learnt to use various functions on Doc. I knew about them, but didn't know how to use them nor know their purpose, also I lacked confidence.
Particularly useful for my teaching are table of contents, bookmark, back to top, outline, explore and pasting without formatting from a website.

  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  
When my students are collaborating on a Doc, the Table of Contents, Title and Headings, Bookmark and Back to Top are functions that I will teach asap.

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
I would probably use google save as I am slowly running out of google data space on my personal drive.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Some very thoughtful reflections from our first session. I am so glad that you found value in the content that we covered this week. You are absolutely right, being digitally fluent does enable us to be more intentional and efficient with learning time! Welcome to the DFI journey, I am looking forward to working with you as we progress through the course.

    ReplyDelete